The Joint 39th International Communications Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC) and 27th Ka-Band Conference one of the most influential international technical conferences on satellite communications systems, will be held in Stresa, Italy from Tuesday October 18th through Friday October 21st, 2022.
The 39th ICSSC Colloquium on Megaconstellations will be held prior to the Joint Conference itself on Tuesday, October 18th, 2022.
Interest and investment in Megaconstellations (LEO constellations of more than one hundred constituent broadband satellites) have increased exponentially over the past few years. The total numbers of LEO broadband satellites currently planned, approved and under development by SpaceX Starlink (42,000), OneWeb (7,088), Amazon Kuiper (3,236), China GW (12,992), Telesat Lightspeed (298) and Inmarsat Orchestra (150-175) for deployment before the end of this decade alone support this fact.
Hence, the 39th International Communications Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC-2022) Colloquium will focus on the design, development, deployment, market applications, regulatory challenges and longer-term implications of these Megaconstellation systems.
Specific topics to be addressed by the Colloquium’s distinguished panel of experts include:
- State of the NGSO Megaconstellation Industry – technology and market
- Megaconstellations – standalone or integral part of global information highway
- Business models (broadband, aero, enterprise): system’s financial viability
- Constellation designs – bent-pipe/processing payload Trade-offs
- Launcher Strategies – SpaceX’s Starship may enable massive constellations
- Cost effective user terminals to enable consumer services
- Prominent Megaconstellation funding, development and deployments
- Longer term implications for communications industry – GEO, 5G, fiber
- Regulatory: spectrum and orbital safety
Please note that both the Conference and the Colloquium will be held only in the traditional in-person format